maandag 10 november 2014

A Small Wishlist [02]

It's been a while since I posted a wishlist. I usually make a small wishlist at the beginning of every month in my notebook, so I can keep my buying priorities straight. These past months almost everything on these wishlists has been book-related. I must have all the other things in the world because I cannot imagine anything other than books or graphic novels to put on my list. Ok, not true. Art is also something I want. Just nothing, you know, practical or useful in everyday life...

  1. Numer one on my list is Through The Woods by Emily Carroll. This is a graphic novel that has been popping up everywhere (you know, everywhere meaning booktube). It's a dark horror-y graphic novel and I like the drawing very much, so I would love to read this one.
  2. Mister Finch by Mister Finch and Justine Hand is the second book on this month's wishlist. If you're not familiar with Mr. Finch, please google him and his work. He makes these wonderful textile sculptures of moths and spiders and woodland creatures. The way he brings his world to life is so pretty and this is the perfect book to get lost in on a rainy evening.
  3. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brönte shouldn't be on this wishlist any more really, as I've just ordered it from the Bookdepository. I came upon these covers once and I fell in love with them and the deckled edges on this book. I'm a bit of a graphic design nerd now.
  4. I've mentioned A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness a couple of times before. This book has a very nice booktrailer, Kathleen from Verbeelding loved it and so I became rather curious. I love that it has illustrations and I'm looking forward to reading it one day. :)
  5. How great is this piece by Kelly McKernan? It's called Illusory and it's based on the movie Pan's Labyrinth, which was an awesome movie. I really like this print and I would love to be able to stare at it daily.
  6. So, the last two items on my list are Saga Volume 2 and Saga Volume 3 by Brian K Vaughan and Fiona Staples. I bought and read Saga Volume One in September and I loved it! Everything about the Saga universe speaks to me and I'm looking forward to part two and three. The only reason why I haven't read these two is because graphic novels are pretty expensive.

So what's on your wishlist? Be it books, art or other, more practical things?

1 opmerking:

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.